1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..

Aquaponics in schools

Discussion in 'New Aquaponics systems - off-the-shelf ready to go' started by Keith2, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Keith2

Keith2 New Member

Hi Murray
    Murray I have been asked by 2 schools (1 in Brisbane and 1 on the Sunshine Coast) about aquaponics and one of the questions they have is how many other schools have a system in SEQ.and could they have a look at one ?
    A person from the school has seen a aquaponic system already but I think they would like to talk to someone at the school about how they went about it.

If anyone else has an idea on this I will pass the information back to them.

Cheers Keith

2. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Hi Keith.
    We have put systems of various sizes in around 30 schools to date.
    The latest one that is now running is on the north side of Brisbane .
    Ask them to contact me and I will put them in touch with someone.

3. Keith2

Keith2 New Member

Thanks Murray I will pass that on

4. Teacherman

Teacherman New Member

Or me- I'm in Clontarf, which is Northside.

5. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Today I had the pleasure of talking with Science Masters from all over the SEQ who had gathered at QUT for a Conference. As well as many other very interesting subjects Aquaponics" was featured.
    Adam, the science master from Clontarf State High chaired the proceedings. Our FloMedia AP system we installed there 12 months ago is running very well and Adam talked to the Science masters about the educational outcomes that are possible around an AP system in a school setting.

I was presented with this very nice certificate in appreciation.

Attached Files:

• QUT.jpg
      QUT.jpg
      File size:
      27.5 KB
      Views:
  6. RupertofOZ

RupertofOZ New Member

Kewl.... spread the gospel Murray

7. DaveOponic

DaveOponic New Member

Good to hear that schools are getting AP Murray. I am currently building three more 200 litre compost tumblers for my daughter's school (International School of Brunei) and talking to the Director about building an AP system for them. David Taylor (MBE) is an active environmentalist and has helped establish the Million Trees Project in Borneo.

8. Castaway

Castaway Senior Member

9. RupertofOZ

RupertofOZ New Member

Groan... do the Lib party actually pay you for this boring repetitive rhetoric Frank... :rolleyes:

Or are you just so silly that you think it might earn you some sort of kudos upon death or something... :rolleyes:

Anyway... back to the thread... :rolleyes:

Yep, shows us some photos Murray... it sounds a fair system... 4 x 1000L tanks... how many grow beds??

10. DaveOponic

DaveOponic New Member

Frank, the Golden-Haired Boy this week would have to be Peter Slipper, your local member if I am not mistaken! :(

11. Castaway

Castaway Senior Member

That's why I'm in an angry mood Dave.... Tell me Slipper doesn't look like Mr Bean?
    Whoops no politics...!. Rupes always banging on about politics.... I wish he would shut up and concentrate on Aquaponics....What is it with these lefties?

12. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Super Moderator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    He's a "member" alright!... :D

Nuff said, considering this is a thread about AP systems in schools.

13. bill newton

bill newton Active Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Wamuran
    and that "golden haired boy" -(mister bean IS a better description) - is now the speaker in anna bligh's party!

politics makes strange bedfellows!!

carna pies!!!drinkanimdrinkanimdrinkanim

14. DaveOponic

DaveOponic New Member

Er no, actually he is the speaker in Federal Parliament, House of Reps.